Sunday, April 18, 2010

ABC WORLD REPORT: Excercise in School Leads to Learning

ABC news did a great report on Naperville Central this week. It is so exciting to see the news agencies seeing that movement and learning go hand in hand.
Here is the link: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/exercise-school-leads-learning/story?id=10371315 I'm most proud that people are recognizing the obvious. It is better to have students moving around during a class than sitting down all period (day) long.

NO MORE RECESS JUST ABOUT KILLED ME.
I don't know about you, but when I transitioned from elementary school to junior high school and lost my recess time, I had a hard time. My body just about went crazy. Everyone just told me I would grow out of it. Well I haven't. I still need to move in my classes.

I NEED TO MOVE, SO I KNOW MY STUDENTS NEED TO MOVE
Mostly I NEED THE BREAK! That is why I have incorporated Brain Breaks every 30 minutes. So if you are brave, check out one of the videos in this blog like, Thumb and Pinkie, Different Arm Directions , Rocks paper scissors MATH, or Slap Count. Try the Brain Break in your classes. Let me know what you think? Do your students seem more refreshed after the Brain Break? I bet your students will ask for a Brain Break the very next day, because they see how energizing a simple one minute break can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment